Saturday 25 April 2009

General Update

Beam Me Up, which I'm sure over the next few weeks will become a worn cliche. Just finished what is unfortunately becoming a very typical Saturday in Melbourne. Despite it being Anzac Day, which is taken very seriously here, we managed to find a local restuarant open for brunch. One linguine and tuna later we went looking for a car, then into the CBD for dinner in the famous Italian enclave of Lygon Street. 2 stubbies of VB, one bottle of Merlot, olives, and a Rigatoni and Italian sausage later we find a Spanish tapas bar for Chouros and a long black. On the way back to the tram, everyone else except for me somehow managed an icecream!! God, get me back on my bike.

In the search for the car we ended up buying a Toyota Corolla. This is exactly the car we needed: quiet, dependable, economical, sensible, dull, brown, civil service like, brown, quite, sensible, probably even a safe purchase. I prefer spending big money on bikes rather than cars but I think we went a bridge too far here. Secretly I wanted some big 4x4 despite horrendous green credentials, and nearly bought a Euro cool SAAB, but everyone here strangely poo'pooed it. Anyway there we go, I've now got a car I can probably hand onto the grandchildren, who if they have any sense won't want it.

On a final note, Caitlin's team, St Kilda have won yet again. Is there no sense in this world!

OK, on a really final note, I've found the truly wonderful world of Skype, and have started video calling a variety of people. Feel free to find and call me on Skype before I go the way of middle aged Italian woman and switch the video picture off.

No comments:

Post a Comment