Saturday 9 May 2009

Xoyyyy addendum999call the police i think i just saw a video nasty

OK so last night after 9 weeks without a TV we were up and running. I flicked thru the paper to see what delights could be sampled for a relaxing evenings viewing on our sofa, with most of the unpacking now done . Lo and behold what should pique my interest but a film called Wolf Creek . Now uncannily , as always with my xy files, this film had come up in conversation only the week before when at brunch with friends of Grants.
Brunch is very popular in Oz -never quite understood the concept cos surely no-one wants to get up early on a Sunday if they don't have to ,and if you lay in, then when u get up u are starving straight away .No time to shower,do your hair ,put on clothes ,drive somewhere and be civil to someone while all the time all your care about is getting something into your stomach to stop the fierce bear noises emanating from within .And as for any semblance of manners when the food arrives forget it !
Grant had mentioned to his friend that I had never seen Wolf Creek or otherwise I wouldn't have decided to go for a road trip with Sarah and family to Fraser Island. This conversation only barely touched my consciousness as although I had only just met these people, the food had just arrived !!
So as I lay down, post large Sunday Roast even though it was a Saturday eve ,I thought this is a coincidence no one could resist and begin to watch the film .
Oh that's good it's set in Oz ,I might learn something from it,
Oh look there are two English girls in it travelling with an Ozzie,
Oh isn't that Ozzie man helpful
Oh F...........why am I watching this and I need to stop now.
Why has Grant forsaken me and why does this have to be a true story with the guy still at large.....well that's what it said at the end of the film .So I go to bed and I am lying there praying the possums don't start and thinking OK there is no way I am going on holiday anywhere in Oz with that Psycho still on the loose and Grant is snoring next to me and barely aware of my creeping horror. So I get up and and look up on the Internet about the film hoping the guy has now been caught only to discover they had lied and it wasn't a true story after all. How are people allowed to do this !!!
Still someone somewhere could be watching and waiting for us all. Probably more likely to be the Aussie motorway speed police!

No comments:

Post a Comment