Friday 22 May 2009

We're saved!

Well at least Queensland is. I was in Brisbane on Monday/Tuesday this week, and a little worried about my flight home as there was a serious weather warning. Luckily my flight left Tuesday night.

Wednesday morning was the national disaster alert with Brisbane having received 30cm!!, or 1 foot!! of rain overnight. They're saying the Queensland drought is now over. All Queensland licence plates have "QLD - The Sunshine State". I've been to Brisbane twice now and I didn't realise Aussie's were capable of irony.

My apologies to the one person that died, but Melbourne is a little jealous, wanting some of the rain. At the weekend we went up to Mt Dandenong. On the way we pass Lake Cardinia. This is Melbourne's main resevoir for the Southern suburbs. The best description I can give is that it looks like a very large meteor crater, with a small puddle of water at the bottom.

No comments:

Post a Comment