Sunday 24 May 2009

The Doctor,The train, The swim coach and his spicy chai


So at last I have been allowed onto the computer and have to say now the normal routines are kicking in have also had little time to sit down and collect my thoughts , only gather other peoples' washing !
Seem to have had a busy two weeks and the children are now starting various clubs;
art class where they get to express their feelings through painting ( good thing I'm not in that one!!)
Swim lessons- Ciara now attends class where they are more men teaching then women ,she is learning to tread water and already has 3 certificates as they love to encourage out here!! I have attended 2 lessons and have now stupidly agreed to go to lessons at 5.30am on a Tuesday with Caitlin too. However found out yesterday the pool is open air and it is approaching winter here so we will see how long that lasts.
Have been doing lots of cooking to make up for the fact that I only had 2 saucepans for 8 weeks , however oven is buggered and when Ii tried to make fresh pumpkin tortelloni from scratch yesterday , realised why there is a fresh pasta shop down the road that sells the stuff and does a roaring trade!!
Have been to doctors again but this time for me and didnt get to have my favourite animal drawn by our usual Dr . This time I got a little old granny with a very heavy accent who told me "vat a bootifool country I vas living in ! We did get seen the same day I phoned for an appointment and they didn't even bother to ask what is was for!!
Swine Flu =Pig Flu out here,not sure why the name change!!We also seem to have a few mysterious carriers so not sure how everyone else is faring.
The weather has been lovely this week with warm temperatures and little rain .Spent last weekend admiring all the beautiful marmalade orange leaves on the trees in the hills around Melbourne and travelling on Puffing Billy(steam train) who developed a bit of asthma shortly after we embarked and ground to a halt at one of the stations for half an hour!Also suffered quite a bit of coal dust in the eyes from trying to look out at all the fab views as we chugged oh so slowly over the countryside!
I have also become addicted to spicy chai tea. Anyway enough for now !!

1 comment:

  1. Train looks great - you can add that to our todo list!

    ReplyDelete