Friday 27 March 2009

That Shopping Bag

Ok, Sharon has mentioned this shopping trolley thing and its now been inflicted on me.

We live 25 minutes walk from the nearest shop and without a car I can't deny its a pain carrying stuff back. Sharon has therefore bought this trolley. Forget all this young and trendy pulling it rubbish, it looks like Great Aunt Harriets zimmer frame with a canvas bag attached.

I'm all for environmental stuff, and when someone else pushes (sorry pulls) this around its great. Afternoon today though we shop and then Sharon takes Caitlin to the cinema, and I get to take the shopping back. 25 minutes of walking along pleasant tree lined avenues, that in the few days I've used them I've never met anyone.

On a Saturday afternoon though these pavements are jammed: sniggering families, blokes you'd go down to the pub with, young girls you otherwise might risk chatting to. All I needed was the grey wooly socks to go with my thongs (Sandals to you).

I mean maybe it's some kind of penance for the car. When I booked the hire car for 2 days, OK I didn't order a Prius, but equally I didn't ask for the gas guzzling behemoth, "Special Vehicle" division Holden I got. It and the 19mpg!!! wasn't my fault.

No comments:

Post a Comment