Saturday 28 March 2009

The beautiful game

OK - I've succumbed. Inevitable really in a City with a religion as fervent and weird as that practised in Salt Lake City. In Melbourne I'm of course referring to Aussie Rules or the Footie.

Ever since we had a permanent address I've been asked by just about everyone which team I'm going to support. St Kilda is my local team, but being Scottish it would be a nice change to support someone with a chance of winning something. I've therefore chosen Hawthorn Hawks: last years champions and the team closest to work.

I'm not really into this kind of thing, but we'll go to at least one game just for the spectacle. Mid April it is. Hawthorn against Carlton at the MCG. Worlds eight largest stadium, 100,000 capacity, 36 players on an Oval pitch way bigger than a football (sorry Soccer) pitch. Should be interesting.

1 comment:

  1. Did you get chance to experience the F1 seeing as you were so close to some rare British sporting success? Loving the blogwork :).

    Jim Johnson,
    Sunny Salford Quays

    ReplyDelete