Monday 30 March 2009

Desperate Housewives

So today as I ventured out of the house with Maurice , who did I bump into but my new neighbours. Not sure if it was the sad sight of my trolley and I slowly weaving up the path , which caused them to stop me and inquire if I needed a lift into town . Are you newly arrived was their second question . Not sure if this was because of afore mentioned behaviour or accent or the pale complexion but lead to a conversation about living in this neighbourhood- in a nice way -.
Later on the same day I was accosted at the door by a very attractive young Frenchman selling paintings at the doorway . A far cry from the local youth offender selling dishcloths in the Uk !!
Couldn't help but smile when he asked if I wanted him to return later to show me his etchings . Well at least thats what I thought he said !!

No comments:

Post a Comment