Friday 27 March 2009

another day another dollar

Well hi to everyone
Decided to blog my daily occurrences as getting very time consuming sending you all individual updates .Will still email you all bits and bobs but at least you will know what's happening.
So the girls and me have completed our first week in the house.Girls coped brilliantly with school so full marks to them . We have all struggled a little with increased walking distances to everywhere. Bought girls new scooters to get to school whilst I run alongside when I feel up to it.
That has cut down the 30 min to 15 minutes except the 2 days we got lost cos we were 2 busy talking!!!
Have also bought a granny shopping trolley to help with getting food back .The lady in shop assured me it was latest fashion as you pull it behind you ,the ones old ladies use you push in front of you. Will I become a local icon and trailblazer I ask myself?mmmm
Managed my first trip into town on my own to get my hair done in Fitzroy (arty area)My hair is no longer the red Sam kept dying it despite it saying brown on box and even has caramel highlights!! Did involve being put into a large ball which said PLEASE STEAM THE PERSON UNDERNEATH which apperently cuts down the colour time to a 1/3 .Not sure how this will feel when its 40 degrees outside.Maybe then they will let me go and sit on pavement!!
Finally saw a cat it was a little kitten on the tram walking around .Very surreal .
Went into city last night for a meal.Went to Lygon Street which has been recommended by a few people and is a Melbourne institution.Wall 2 wall restaurants mostly italian .We had a lovely 3 course meal including souffle which was recommended and lovely and light .
The city was alive Friday night as Grand Prix is on and is central so place was buzzing .Lots of colours ,noise, interesting goings on and lively characters.Even people having picnics in parks at 10.30pm at night.
Also saw an amazing climbing wall which was huge and glass fronted .You could watch all the climbers as you drove past in the tram .Have booked a session with Phil's name on it for October!!
Came home at same time as all footie fans ,which was great, as all well behaved !!We apparently need to pick a team as everyone watches autralian rules football even kids and stadiums are awesome!!Cailtin looks like she is gonna go with St.Kilda our local.Grant has chosen Hawthorn as that is where he works and cos they are serious contenders for ladder leaders-Typical.I may choose to support nearest rivals to let him see how I feel when he always does this when England play anything!!
Lovely weekend weather setting in with 25-26 degrees both days so we will hit beach again at some point.
luv shaz

No comments:

Post a Comment