Wednesday 26 May 2010

On going farewell musings

Through judicious bargaining I've now broken the magic 100 and have 99 days left before we go - having been here for 569 days.

I think I'm going to miss the Footie. I can't explain it: I don't like soccer, if you can call 36 players on a pitch 30% bigger than a soccer pitch running frantically for 3 hours beating the pulp out of each other the same as soccer. Somehow though it gets under the skin. Yes you have no choice - its a religion in a city of 4 million and everyone from 6 to 90 year olds follows it with a fervent passion, but its a bit more.

The athleticism of running non stop for 3 hours (OK 30 mins at half time to stretch out) and being able to do sub 10 sec 100m sprints appeals to the cyclist. The brutality appeals to the animal in everyone, but its hard to say.

I look forward to visiting Earl's Court to get a decent brunch and coffee and minority sports on Sky on my return.

No comments:

Post a Comment