Sunday 9 May 2010

137 days to go

Ages, but I'm trying to get my head around the pros and cons of going. I'll leave you to guess which is which:

Bacon Sandwiches
Decent beer
Well travelled stella (it doesn't travel well)
Bacon
God the traffic jams
Coffee! - you're having me on
You've know idea how great it is to have a butcher and a fishmonger - remember them
Insipid 3 week old defrosted fish at Tesco's
The weather
The pot holes
Sitting in a traffic jam for 2 hours going nowhere
Bacon sandwiches
Skiing in Europe - sorry but Aussie skiing is like Scotland (sorry home!)
Decent steak - some of the best raw materials in Europe but somehow Tesco has homogenised it by the time it gets to the shelf
Learning to moan about everything again (should be easy for a Scot)
Public transport
Living in the boondocks - Although it doesn't feel like living in a city I think a lot of Melbourne's pluses are that you're actually living in a big city - although it doesn't feel like it
Ability to fly for 1 hour and be in a very different culture. Melbournians might argue that there is NO culture in North QLD, but I can fly over 3 hours here and be in the same country.
Sunday brunch


2 comments:

  1. And I forgot pretty solid mountain biking right outside my front door

    ReplyDelete
  2. Losing weight after getting back to the delights of Tesco quality food.

    ReplyDelete