Monday 3 May 2010

The long wind down

I'm going to beat Sharon to this one, and with no more planned holidays, a big go live over the next few months, and as of today confirmation that we're leaving at end of September I see the blog becoming steadily more introspective.

Return to the UK was always a concept somewhere in the distance, an idea of something that we'd return to but never really had to engage with the hard facts. We've been living in some limbo land where its been nice/strange/exotic (and bloody stressful) here. We've joked/debated/rolled around the idea of staying but knowing it was never really happening, but also never really having to think about leaving. It's still 4 months away, but all that has now changed with me confirming the secondment conclusion in September.

Its good to have a focus and certainty, but I feel a sense of having to shake myself out of the dream and focus on home.

I can see myself sitting in a cafe in 4 months time, drinking shitty coffee, watching rain lashing against the window, wondering who on earth voted for David Cameron, and thinking that Melbourne was all a passing dream.

No comments:

Post a Comment