Friday 22 January 2010

Oh My God I Thought Adelaide Had Good Weather

With yesterday's temperatures in the 40's( but not matching Melbourne's 43 degrees ) we looked forward today to a tour of the wine valleys( yet another attempt by me to try wine tasting!) But again it was not to be as the heavens opened and a biblical flood descended on what had been promised as a much more reliable city for weather than Melbourne. Even our trip to Hasslehoff as I liked to call it but more accurately know as Hahndorf, descended into a watery farce as we sloshed our way through road rivers to try and enter folksy shops to look at soveigners. some of us exhibiting more relish than others at this prospect with Sarah bemoaning at our reluctance, "but I don't get out much!"

We finally managed to pull the shopping deprived mother of three from yet another fleece me fleece me you tourists'll buy any sort of shite shop on the promise that we would stay with the younger kids whilst she hit Adelaide shopping mall with our older two of our girls, on a fashion spree. Poor woman! So as Sarah set off on this adventure, we settled the youngest of the party down in front of a dvd player to watch the very young child friendly, eighties classic , The Lost Boys...

No comments:

Post a Comment