Tuesday 17 November 2009

Xmas and birthdays in a heat wave

The Mungins are now into the last 5 weeks before the kids break up for Summer hols and Christmas. How wierd does that sound? after spending 40 years in a hemisphere with a cold christmas, I am struggling to get my head around any alternative. I thought the supermarket had lost it the other day when I turned up to do the shopping and they were playing piped Xmas music. It suddenly dawned on me why. Who can blame me for forgetting Noel when there are next to no decorations anywhere to be seen and only the odd box of crackers on the ends of aisles, easily missed in the search for more mundane things like a box of cheerios!If you long for glitter free christmases lacking in consumerism then an Oz xmas is for you. I will wait and see if things change!

Ciara had yet another bowling party to celebrate a birthday;this time her ninth, where she wiped the floor with her Aussie schoolmates. May have to see if they do bowling as an after school club!!

My birthday was spent having lunch in a lovely veggie restaraunt overlooking the sea with a couple of friends. Grant remembered my birthday this year and suprised me : a book on punctuation! All joking aside, its been a good read so far as you can see from the use of the colon!Just have to find an excuse to use a semicolon now!

The heatwave continues with a draining 34-36 today. Didn't bother to actually check what it finally reached as I was too busy recovering from cycling 5 km in it! Apparently Adelaide is 43 at moment and it's only Spring! The swimming pool has certainly come into its own and the kids have been very popular with all the neighbours children, funny that!

No comments:

Post a Comment